Monday 30 April 2012

Dog Beers

Last week I mentioned making a couple of dog themed cards, based on a tee shirt saying? Well they fit in for my Masculine Card Monday, so I wanted to share them today. That play on words STILL cracks me up.



I made two birthday cards using the same stamp and words; one for our son and one for our nephew. Both love dogs, and ... beer!


The words were computer generated, matted and one layer was popped up onto the black base with foam tape.


This is not one of my new dog stamps. I actually have a drawer full of dog stamps, and this one was a gift from a long ago friend. (Thanks Karen!).  It is "Dash" by Mostly Animals and I thought he was a pretty good match for the words.  The grass stamp is one of my new ones, from Stamps By Judith. The card is 5x7, and the patterned paper is by DCWV. Colouring was added with pencils blended with mineral spirits.

This 2nd card is a 5.25" square card but otherwise is pretty much identical.


I didn't use a grass stamp on this one, just the pencils.


It's hard to see in the photo, but there is a tiny bit of Crystal Effects on Dash's nose, to add a little somthin' somthin'.


 Dog Beers - ahahahahahahaha.

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. I really had a giggle at that sentiment Karen, love the cute dog image, quite a playful pose :0)
    jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen