Wednesday 16 May 2012

Songbird Spinner Cards - first one

One of the items that was in my Papertrey Ink Order was their spinner die set. I have had a blast with it! Every time I use a one of their creative dies, or a sheet of their wonderfully heavy card stock I think to myself "it was worth every penny".  Maybe it's a good thing that shipping is so expensive or I would be on their site shopping with every new release!


This is a large, 6" square card. I cut down two different 12x12" pieces of patterned paper from the Songbird stack to make my group of spinner cards, and will share the others another day. It looks simple enough, and fun comes from watching the red sparkly bird spin around on the wavy track. I also used one of my favourite stamps from the PTI order ... 'bring on the HAPPY!' in my new favourite ink colour (Soft Stone).






The card itself is actually CAS, with a fresh colour scheme and touch of sparkle. Into my stash with this one, and I will happily use it for a one of the many family occasions where I need a card (hand delivered).

PTI Spinner dies are Totally Too Much Fun.  For both the creator and the receiver!

Thanks for stopping by today.

5 comments:

  1. thats a nice idea! Love it and it looks great !
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your having fun with your stash. The birdie is a great subject for the spinner die...fab card :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love interactive cards - spinners, especially! Your card is so cute! I'd like to invite you to link up to Great Impressions Stamps May Monthly Challenge - Anything Goes! If you're interested...be sure to scroll to the bottom to link up! Hope to see you there...

    http://greatimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/2012/05/challenge-3-anything-goes-and-winner.html

    (And thank you for the lovely comment on my tag over on Splitcoast! I'm Mistress_of_Mayhem)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love this Karen,so much fun.I never did manage to get the zipper die!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen