Monday 4 June 2012

Cabin in the Woods

 I am going to try to stay away from challenges this month. June is going to be crazy busy around here, and while I will be in my studio I need to be focusing on items other than challenge cards. Come July I'll get back at it. Please forgive me for not keeping up with my comments on your blogs this month.

I have a CAS (Clean And Simple) card to share today for Masculine Card Monday here on my blog. I made this card with my Dad in mind!


This Stampscapes image is from the Mesa Rubber Stamp Show back in March and have been itching to get it inked up. First I inked it with blue ink (a custom ink pad), then 'kissed' it with black before stamping onto white card stock.

I love the random, two toned colour it gives.  The A2 card base is Baja Breeze (Stampin' Up). After trimming the cabin image, I matted it with black then popped it up onto the card base.


The card was easy enough to do, but I think it looks very classy and still masculine. I'm sure my Dad will enjoy the image and the memories it's sure to stir up.

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there Karen - love your attitude sounds like a good one - but am thinking June is my try and get more organised or else month so nit sure how much crafting will get done!! Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. a wonderful card!

    Have a nice day
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the easiest cards are the most effective Karen. I absolutely love this one - the light effect you've got by making your own ink pad is fabulous. Hope you keep on top of your busy month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kissing technique has worked so well for this image....lovely card :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen