Saturday 2 June 2012

Poinsettia Card Candy

I am weak.

I know I vowed not to buy new stuff. However, I saw the small Tim Holtz flower dies and just HAD to bring them home. While I love his large Tattered Floral die, these ones look like they will be a very useable size. Very.

I immediately made a poinsettia.


An EASY PEASY poinsettia.  Three layers of red card stock cut like butter, then I lightly inked the edges of the petals with brown and attached them together at the center. I poked an awl through the middle of all three layers then added a jeweled brad from my stash.


It is the perfect size to embellish an A2 card. I'm going to give this one a spritz of glimmer spray before I put it away and I am going to make more for sure!  Then I will start thinking of summer flowers, ha ha.

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

  1. wonderful flower
    hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yu're so right ....it makes a very realistic poinsettia, look forward to seeing you use it :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen