Monday 12 January 2015

Travel Themed Pivot Birthday Card

Good morning friends

Today is Masculine Card Monday here on my blog, and I have a birthday card to share today using a couple of Karen Burniston's new dies for Elizabeth Craft Designs.  I haven't made a tri-fold Pivot card since Spring, so it was fun to do it again for this card.

Here is the card in the closed position.  I cut the Happy Birthday and the (new) Eiffel Tower from a beautiful bronze pearlized card stock. The corner's, camera and words were stickers I had in my stash. The Eiffel Tower is actually from a new category in the Pop it Ups line ... Pop Stands.  The set comes with a die that will allow you to stand up the Eiffel Tower in the centre of your opened card, but it also works as a Decorator Die as I've used here.



When the card is opened, you can see the newest Pop it Ups Pivot die - the Tag Pivot. This is a general shape that is going to amaze you with it's versatility.  As soon as I saw it, I thought it would make a great Masculine card so that is what I had to do first. But I made a sweet Valentine with it also, and look forward to playing lots and lots with this Pivot die.


The paperclip, reinforcements, tags and fleur decorative elements all come with the Tag Pivot set!  I added black die cut letters to spell our our Son-in-law's name as this is his birthday card.  I also added more of those corner  stickers and a copper printed acetate embellishment from my stash.

The tag layers were cut from the same pearlized bronze card stock, and embossed with Karen Burniston's Damask embossing folder.



Here are a couple of pictures of Olivia's Wish Trip to Disney World, granted by the Children's Wish Foundation.

Mickey Mouse came to the Give Kids the World Village to meet the kids, and autographed their Mickey Mouse Toys!


Dora also made an appearance one evening.


It was cold even in Florida! Patches came out to help celebrate Winter Carnival at the Give Kids The World Village. The kids got to meet Mrs. Claus, Santa, then Elves took them into a room full of toys to choose a present. They were SO excited! I was freezing, so bought a GKTW blanket. We rented a wheel chair for me so I could go with everyone to the parks and around the village. Olivia needed one as she tires easily and of course, we need to keep her heart rate down.


Olivia and her Daddy at the Halloween Party evening. The Village kids all dressed up and went Trick or Treating, and there were lots of activities for them to do as well. Guess what costume Olivia chose?  Ahahahaha. I love this picture, as Olivia looks really healthy here.  Ethan had fallen and split his lip open, so we were at their villa with Heather, Ethan and Zachary helping out.


There is a Dino-Putt mini golf course at the Village, and the kids LOVED it.  Here is Olivia and Ethan and their 'cheese faces'.


As I said yesterday, this was a trip Olivia will never forget. We are SO grateful to the Children's Wish Foundation and Give Kids The World.


Supplies:
978 Eiffel Tower, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
973 Tag Pivot, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
KB104 Damask Embossing Folder - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
783 Happy Birthday - Elizabeth Craft Designs
508 Transparent Double Sided Tape - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Alphabet die - Lawn Fawn
Patterned paper - my stash
Bronze pearlized card stock- Stardream
Camera sticker - K & Co
Acetate embellishment - K & Co
Corner stickers - stash
Wink of Stella glitter pen
Card size: 4 x 6" folded, 12 x 6" opened


Thanks for stopping by today


2 comments:

  1. Love this card, and fabulous photos from Disneyland

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so fabulous and looks very European!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read them all, and appreciate them greatly!
Have a great day,
Karen